Monday, May 18, 2009

My Steady 3

So as much as I love to eat, I also love to cook. More often than not when I need to think or relax, I will cook or bake. I reserve my experimentation with things I don’t typically make for these occasions. I get focused on making, shift my attention to the preparation process, and also decompress mentally.  Works every time and as bonus I always have something delicious and new to eat at the end of it all.


This post isn’t for such therapeutic delights however, but instead for 3 of the simple things that are the “mi nuh really know whe mi waa eat” meals that will hit the spot, can store in the freezer, and most importantly full yu belly. As some of you know I try to cook for the week  on Sundays.  After long days at work that end with an additional trying hour in the gym, the last thing that I want to do is make myself dinner – nevamind dat mi coulda eat a horse after spinning. These are the times when one of these yummies save me.  Reheated, for the most part, they taste just as good and sometimes better than Sunday night, since they have had time to sit and marinate even more. Point and click di names fi di recipe, mi hyperlink dem! So here goes, my steady 3:



This one always, ALWAYS lick di spot. I always tend to do slight modifications when I cook from recipes and this one is no exception. I usually half the recipe and add a stalk or two of celery and a carrot to the onions (all chopped). The next time I make it, I think I might substitute the ketchup with barbeque sauce, you know, just to shake things up a bit. I could also say that lean minced turkey, with the added veggies is super healthy for all of us working on the back to sexy track. But at the end of the day what matters here is that this meatloaf is delicious, even after its been sitting in the freezer for weeks.



It’s about a week or two to end a month, and tings a start fi get way too tight fi dine or even order out. If you are like me it is precisely di bruk pocket period that you always want something whe taste nice to eat. This chicken is quick (minus marinating time), easy, and a sure fix for that craving for something a little different tasting. I promise you, between the five spice, ginger, and honey, big session a go gwaan inna you mout!

It’s what for dinner tonight. Alli B (likkle sista) and Lisa will hopefully weigh in. Potpie wasn’t really a staple in any of my many homes, but I did ketch a craving for it a couple weeks back, went searching and this one caught my eye. A tip when recipe shopping, which goes without saying, is that you should always read the reviews – very helpful in many ways. Last count there were 151 reviews of this one so you can tell right away its a hit, so try it.  I’m thinking of using chick peas instead of chicken next time. Alli B claims to be vegetarian now and we shall try to work wid her as much as we can. And the leftovers? Package in single serving squares, wrap in foil and freeze. Reheat slowly (maybe at 325), mi nuh know fi how long, but reheat as long as you woulda do for frozen lasagna.  Also, in the last 5-10 minutes, open up the foil a little bit to crisp up the top again. It wi eat good. Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. That Curry chicken pot pie was delicious, I recommend everyone try it ( if you cant make it...Sheri is more than willing to tun har han mek fashion)...Good Job sis.

    ReplyDelete